It’s been so beautiful outside lately that I can’t help but share some tunes that reflect how it makes me feel to have warm weather and beautiful flowers and greenery all around. Enjoy!
- Miles From Nowhere by Cat Stevens
- This is the Day by The The
- Southern Nights by Allen Toussaint
- We Are Fine by Sharon Van Etten
- Capsized by Andrew Bird
- Baby Drugs by Tristen
- Motion Animal by Crash
- Crazy by Pylon
- Lola by The Raincoats
- Three More Days by Ray LaMontagne
It’s finally December! I’m stricken with a fierce cold right now, and I was tired of watching the Twilight Zone and sleeping. I decided to make a list of some of my favorite Christmas songs to share with you all.
Here are 10 songs I hope will bring you some holiday cheer this week:
- La fille du Pere Noel by Jacques Dutronc
- White Christmas by Otis Redding
- Who Took the Merry Out of Christmas by The Staples Singers
- I’ve Got My Love to Keep Me Warm by Billie Holiday
- Little Saint Nick by The Beach Boys
- Run Rudolph Run by Chuck Berry
- Christmas Card From a Hooker in Minneapolis by Tom Waits
- Joy to the World by Sufjan Stevens
- Blues for Christmas by John Lee Hooker
- The Christmas Song by She & Him
I also highly suggest listening with a hot cup of whatever tea, coco or coffee you enjoy in hand with those you love around the tree.
Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays everyone.
As ever, Court
I recently went to the city of angels with my new husband. L.A. is one of my favorite cities in the U.S. and I was excited to show McKay more than just the beaches and the freeways. I constantly talk about my favorite places to go, eat and buildings to see, I figured it was time to share it.
Our first stop was at the Ace Hotel for dinner. This was actually a first for me, and a building I had been wanting to see in person for a long time. We arrived and this first thing I did was take a million photos of the Islamic inspired architecture. We then were shown to the dining area outside, very cafe style, of the L.A. Chapter.